Gemini Mobile Technologies, Inc., a mobile messaging and “Big Data” leader, has relied on Greenough Consulting Group’s trusted counsel and hands-on expertise for almost six years as Gemini has developed and evolved its business operations.
When GCG first started working with Gemini, the company was a fast-growing, “bootstrapped” business with emerging multi-national operations. With significant market traction, Gemini needed to upgrade its financial systems, controls, and policies, as well as augment its internal staff—not unusual for a company of its size and stage.
Initially, GCG was brought in to provide interim accounting staff at Gemini’s US headquarters. Realizing that Gemini really needed to update its financial and accounting systems, an experienced GCG interim CFO helped guide Gemini through a process that included:
- Specifying and managing the implementation of a robust ERP system that could accommodate Gemini’s international operations
- Managing the development of a multi-country internal finance and control staff
- Installing annual budgeting and periodic forecasting processes
- Bringing revenue recognition policies and procedures in compliance with GAAP
- Developing a project cost accounting system
- Planning and managing its initial and subsequent annual audits
- Supporting several major financings
- Assisting management in restructuring operations as business and market conditions required
“GCG’s executives don’t work like typical consultants; they integrate themselves into the company like they’re part of it. They’re deeply engaged in our business, take full responsibility, and we trust them completely,” said Michael Tso, Chief Operating Officer and Co-Founder of Gemini. Now six years into the partnership, COO Tso and Gemini’s board of directors currently rely on GCG for assistance with critical strategic projects aimed at anchoring the company’s future growth.
Contact us for a free quote or consultation today.